Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Nudie Jeans



Here we go. I said I would spill the beans on these newest, hottest, trend- Nudie.

I can't nail the description like Nudie themselves can. So here is how their website says it:

-"Nudie is the ”naked truth about denim”. Denim has the ability to age beautifully – formed by its user into a second skin, naked and personal. The longer it lives the more character it gets. The indigo is a living colour that fades and gives the denim its character. The more you wear your jeans the more beautiful they get. Jeans are more than just a piece of clothing. Nudie will stay true to jeans and all about jeans."

Basically Nudie is a fashion company for the ages. The are very concerned with the environment, claiming to become totally organic over the next few years. They say that cotton fields stand for 25% of all insecticides worldwide! They are dedicated to the environment in more than one way. Good working conditions, and high standards all the way through production is their way of getting it done. That is why all of their denim is quality constructed in Italy. No sweat shops here.

OK, now for the cult like following. I dare you to go online and check out sites dedicated to these jeans. Nudie instructs their customers to buy dry organic denim and wear them pants out! Do not wash them for 6 months, and when the six months is up wash carefully following instructions. Every pair becomes like a badge of honor to the owner. The different wear marks, texture, colors, rips... all make for your one of a kind wear.

If you want to see these jeans live, and in person visit denM. We all got a pair to experiment, and join the cult...apparently. Dave never takes his off. Tarryn and I wear ours, a lot, I must admit. I am becoming a junkie- but Dave is one.

3 comments:

laura! said...

I want some! Where do I get them. I want to see yours. I appreciate that you used man pics of the jeans, perked up my day.

Anonymous said...

I also like man buns better, for I am woman.

Anonymous said...

Ooh. those are so hot. love it.