Sunday, October 19, 2008

Jewel Tones Hot for Fall/ Winter






There are so many great Fall and Winter trends this year. I don't want to spoil it all at once so I will just blog it out every couple of days. My first spotlight will fall on jewel tones.

If you are just figuring this out, you may be one of the last peeps to know. Jewel tones are so big right now. I love it. Think ruby red, sapphire, emerald, topaz, amethyst, and so on. These colors are rich and they are delicious.

The great thing is that they make looks in these colors that are meant to be casual, but they are so easy to dress up. Especially if you get a top in a satin fabric, paired with a rich color of purple, or other tone, you can put on jeans in the day, and then slip on a skirt at night.

My favorite part about this trend is that boring fashion followers, like myself, can do it too. I am always prone to buying basic cuts, especially in black. But now just the rich color alone, in one of my basic styles, make me look like I am making a statement. It's easy, it's fun, and it's so flattering to any figure.

No comments: